May 16, 2008

episode 4.145: Wind Breaker

It's official...Florida weather is my number one enemy.  I just can't figure it out.  I ride to class, and, of course, the longest leg of my trip, the wind is ALWAYS against me, making it surprisingly hard to pedal my way to school.  Then, 4 hours later, when class is out, on my longest leg back home, the wind has SOMEHOW switched directions entirely and is blowing in the opposite direction of where i want to be going...what the heck?  It doesn't even make sense.  Damn you, wind!  


Another weather thing?  During the day its very comfortable in my apartment...i can chill for hours drinking orange sodas and eating large sour dough pretzels...but as soon as night hits, i'm sweating bullets! It is hotter in florida at night than it is at day.  someone please explain this.  If it there is something i'm doing wrong, tell me soon, because its driving me nuts.  Sparta, my pineapple plant is growing mushrooms...that can't be good?  I wonder what that means is happening to the rest of my apartment, like the insulation....uh oh.

i went over to some guys apartment with kelsey last night to watch the season finale of the office (which redeems itself, because the last 3 episodes were CRAP).  of course, their dvd collection is 3 times the size of mine.  kelsey is the first to notice...thanks, babe.  its not the size, its the quality, and  fortunately, i don't think it's as impressive as mine.  a lot of strange movies that could be seen as crappy...and the entire Kubrick collection...i think we all know what I think of Kubrick.  but they're really cool cats, and 7 months into full sail film.  their class has 77 kids..mine has 22...again, size vs quality..booyah.

other than that, i don't have much to say.  which is the same way i feel about class.  my teacher hates it.  she thought she saw me nodding my head once, so she called on me immediately.  I told her it wasn't a nod and she got really depressed: "oh man, i thought steve was going to talk"  which was kind of flattering.

The end. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the end, brother ben, shot a rooster....c'mon, where's your childhood training? I think we saw the season finale too...with Jan having a baby? we've been watching Season 4 on NBC.com.

What do you mean your teach er hates it? Hates that no one is interested, or hates teaching this particular class and so is not interesting?

Aren't you supposed to have AC on, according to your contract with Cranes' Landing? that's humidity making those mushrooms grow. It's hotter at night, because they build out of concrete block and all day long it is absorbing the heat and then in the evening the walls just give off the heat that's accumulated.

Had first really hot day today. Ad day when Dad and Jeremy were on the roof removing shingles..as I said in voicemail, they went up to start work on shingles and fell through the porch roof...totally disintegrated lumber up there. I worked on their garage, scraping and priming. tomorrow I am going to paint so we can get some sense of fulfillment. Everything else just keeps falling apart on us!

you get any more dvds and you will have to buy a second shelf system..or have you already?!! we saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall and I wish I could forget it...Dad and I didn't like it all. Reni and Jeremy gave us a tutorial on Apatow's movies and what he is doing and although I guess I can appreciate the parody or satire, I don't find it funny at all. I go to movies to laugh or be inspired or to fantacize that I could be cool like the hero or heroine...none of that in this movie. and Jeremy says, of course not, but your guys' generation has had to deal with these kinds of people (as friends even)for whatever reason and they can laugh at them. Tell us what you think. I told them to go and please tell me what they specifically thought was funny so that maybe I can learn something. Is it really that I have just passed the point of relating to youth?

Anonymous said...

I have just seen what I would rate as one of my top movies of all time...August Rush. Check it out. It's the spirit, the ribbon that runs through the story line.