Jan 27, 2009

episode 4.527: Ditch Pay

So, I just clicked send on an email that locks me into an extremely nerve-racking process where I'll voluntarily stand in front of 3 judges and "Pitch" a story to them, in hopes of getting it greenlit for production...


But really, I don't care if it's greenlit, the real success here today is that I'm going to do it, and i'm going to do it without a GPA to push me...this is real life, legitimate movie making, and I've taken the first step...I couldn't be more nervous.

So, Thursday night from 6-9...if you don't hear from me after that, it's probably because I completely imploded, and will probably be packing up to make the move back to Fairfield to become Regional Manager at Family Video...

INT(erior) SOUNDSTAGE UPDATE:

My edit got voted as the that shall receive a world premiere on FRIDAY.  I hope to make a short documentary on the event, and post it here as well.  Pretty cool stuff.  Tomorrow night I get graded on my edit as well, so it will be cool to hear what the teachers think of it.

MONK MONASTERY UPDATE:

Our documentary, working title: "wat" (thai for temple/monastery) is progressing nicely.  I will be working on production as media manager, and in post production as Editor.  The other day I threw together an opening title sequence that everyone in my group really liked (hence the working title i came up with)  The teachers say that our concept has never been done in the history of Full Sail, and considering at the beginning of class they insisted that everything had all been done before by other students at Full Sail, it kinda means a lot.

Lastly, went and watched Defiance, the WWII movie by Edward Zwick starring James Bond and Billy Elliot...LOVED it.  With this movie it is official that Edward Zwick movies are my guilty pleasure.  I can sit, watching his movies, knowing that half of the stuff is dramatized to be more exceptable for the masses, and still not care.  Last Samurai? Totally redunk historically and maybe even a little insulting to the samurai way of life, but still incredibly awesome.  Blood Diamond?  A little hollywood action starrish when it came to depicting the gruesome wars in Africa, but still incredibly awesome.  Glory? nothing need be said, pure awesome.

Go see Defiance, and just enjoy.

Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heard you got it!!! Yayyyyy!!!did you wear your suit to pitch? see, if you had had a new suit.....well, maybe they wouldn't have taken you seriously...who knows what's what in the world you're in! I read the script and now wait to hear your pitch...I figure you brought it to life for them in a way that made them want to see it. You will need good actors to portray the angst of these two guys well...but you can't act in your own production, right???? I'm there for you...Love, Stage Ma