Apr 26, 2008

episode 4.5AM: Graphs Make It Smart

I couldn't resist. I've finished logging all my DVD's into my new "DVD Profiler" program, which has resulted in my ability to analyze my collection with highly scientific graphs.

After extensive analysis AND observation (those are two different scientific terms, but i don't expect you to comprehend) I have come to the conclusion that my DVD collection is not only the shit, but may very well be the best DVD collection known to man within the time frame of this point and time and .2 seconds later. Allow me to explain. Ahem:

EXHIBIT A: (click to enlarge)


the above graph clearly demonstrates how many and superior my DVD collection is. Notice the high ranking category ACTION. I have more action movies than any other movie. I have more action movies than most of those other smaller categories of movies combined. not only is that undeniably manly, but its just plain awesome. I would like also to point out the lowest category: Musicals. 1 musical. That musical? MOULIN ROUGE. and Ewan Mcgregor is more than enough man to neutralize the threat of a musical genre in my DVD collection. Enough said.

EXHIBIT B:


THIS graph shows my extremely manly resistance to dated crappy movies that are boring and simple minded. Like Bonnie and Clyde. I'm sorry..but that movie was kinda sorta lame. I've had pretend gunfights with Ashi Travers that were more exciting than most of the shoot outs in that movie...and they had blanks! Pathetic. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Ashi and my conversations with each other were a little more engaging...even when we were 7 and 9.

EXHIBIT B-2:


this graph apparently says the same thing as the one before...but i can't fuckin understand it.

EXHIBIT C:


not much needs to be said about that one...

EXHIBIT D


this one is in pie graph form for what we analysts/observers refer to as "shock value" The large amount of blue-ish purple that hits your eye is certain to leave an impression as you realize how much of my DVD collection contains movies produced in the USA. This graph best explains how I can find so much entertainment in these ridiculously pointless graphs of my movie collection on a dying form of media..........

184 and counting! woo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

impressive..plan to use in a presentation someday, perhaps complete with handouts and use of a pointer??? there was a program that did this for you? just for dvds?

Anonymous said...

impressive..plan to use in a presentation someday, perhaps complete with handouts and use of a pointer??? there was a program that did this for you? just for dvds? mamagooch

reni said...

wow, you are organized now! when is the powerpoint presentation?

only one musical, eh?

kelsey rae said...

It's official: NOW YOU'RE A MAN! A MAN MAN MAN! NOW YOU'RE A MAN! A MANNY MANNY MAN! and it's not just cause of the t... umm, not sure how comfortable I am in saying that here. But lets just say, it's also because of the DVD collection you sport...