Aug 17, 2009

episode 5.231 - did NOT see that coming!

welp...48 hours, no sleep, and minus 5 pounds (seriously, by chance I checked my weight on my friends scale before we started, and when we finished I had lost almost 6 pounds...i wasn't able to eat all weekend) and we finished our 48 hour movie on time.


HOWEVER. when we got to the submission location, the head honcho who signed us up basically said that we were never in the competition, he was just allowing us to join and if someone didn't show then he would let us in. he said things like:

"so you got to make a movie under our rules, for free." OH AWESOME!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!!!! I mean paying 150 dollars to undergo immense amounts of stress, extreme weight loss and unhealthy lack of sleep is a privilege in itself..BUT FOR FREE!?!?! YOU'RE TOO FUCKING KIND. What a dick. Believe me guy, I can do all sorts of hazardous wastes of time for free..don't think you're doing me any favors.

I think what he meant to say is: "so you got to make a movie under our rules, and have absolutely nothing to show for it." because he still wanted to take our movie AND the contract that said you can't post it anywhere for over a year, so we would have essentially entered a vortex the past two days and then those hours of our lives would be gone forever...

needless to say, we stormed back in there after a quick meeting and asked for our contract back, then proceeded to burn it. that means I can post it somewhere for you to view very soon.

It really is a bummer, because I think we did a damn good job for 48 hours, and having seen some samples of what other people have done, ours could have impressed some judges for some awards...would have been a nice change to earn some credit for something we work hard on...

oh well. I'm over it, right? moving on.

No comments: